May 4, 2024 General Election Information
The Town Secretary serves as the Elections Administrator for the Town. Currently the Town contracts with the Dallas County Elections Department for administration and coordination of any regular or special Town elections.
In early 2024, the Town of Sunnyvale will call a General Election to be held on May 4, 2024 for the purpose of electing two Town Council Members, designated as Places 5 and 6. Council Member terms are for a period of three years. All incumbents – Larry Allen, Place 5; and Jonathan Freeman, Place 6 - are eligible to run for re-election.
An informational candidate packet for those who may be interested in learning more about running for Sunnyvale Town Council can be found here or picked up at Town Hall (127 N. Collins Rd., Town Secretary’s Office) when the filing period begins. The period for submitting an application for a place on the May 6, 2023 ballot runs from Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024 at 8 a.m. through Friday, Feb. 14, 2024 at 5 p.m.
It is anticipated that the Town of Sunnyvale’s municipal election will again be administered by the Dallas County Elections Administrator, as has been done in past years. Early voting dates and times can be found here once that information is made available in early 2024. Election Day voting will be held Saturday, May 4, 2024 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Specific information concerning polling locations and early voting times will be made available on the Town website and on the county Election Administrator’s website as soon as those details become available.
Applications for ballots by mail must be requested from and mailed to the Dallas County Elections Administrator’s Office and received no later than the close of business on April 23, 2024. The address is 1520 Round Table Dr., Dallas, TX 75247.
Please direct questions regarding ballots by mail, voter registration, designated voting locations, voter identification requirements, absentee voting, precincts, etc. to the Dallas County Elections Department by calling (214) 819-6389. Questions concerning the Sunnyvale Town Council municipal election may be directed to Town Secretary Rachel Ramsey, by calling (972) 203-4153 or by email – email@example.com.
Town of Sunnyvale's Elected Officials
- Saji George, Mayor - Term expires May 2025
- Ryan Finch, Council Member Place 1 - Term expires May 2025
- Kevin Clark, Council Member Place 2 - Term expires May 2025
- Manu Danny, Council Member Place 3 - Term expires May 2026
- Mark Eldridge, Council Member Place 4 - Term expires May 2026
- Larry Allen, Council Member Place 5 - Term expires May 2024
- Jonathan Freeman, Council Member Place 6 - Term expires May 2024
- Application required;
- Be a United States citizen (Texas Election Code);
- Be a qualified voter in the Town and State;
- Be at least 21 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election (Town Charter);
- Be a resident of the Town continuously (in the corporate limits of the Town or recently annexed territory) for 12 months immediately preceding the date of the election;
- Not be in violation of any provision in this Charter;
- Satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office for which they are a candidate;
- No filing fee is required.
home Rule Charter
A Home Rule Charter (PDF) was approved and adopted on May 11, 2013 by a vote of the People and amended by a vote of the People on May 4, 2019. Please see the FAQs (PDF) and Fact Sheet (PDF) for more information.